Animated GIF Problem

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Sep 8 16:03:40 EDT 2006

Recently, John Miller wrote:

> I have used Photoshop CS2 to create an animated GIF with 24 frames.
> The finished file is about 50KB.  When I import the file into
> Revolution, it only imports 1 or 2 of the frames.
>
> I can load it in any number of web browsers and it appears and acts
> normal.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas about what I am doing wrong?

Do you mean you created with ImageReady?  You might be using an unusual
optimization in the file.  Try setting the constantMask of the imported
image to true/false.  From the docs:

"Use the constantMask property to enable display of certain animated GIF
images."

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director