remove html tags from text

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Sep 8 15:27:18 EDT 2006

A little more research suggests that ">" will be ">" (greater
than) and "<" will be "<" (less than). So I'm guessing that "<"
and ">" in quoted strings won't be a problem.

What will be a problem is turning ">" back into ">", and all the
other de-escaping that the htmlText approach takes care of. I guess
that there is a table of these things somewhere out there, so we'd
need a function that uses such a table to make sure all our non-tag
content is ok.

Other than that, the original function, with Mark Wieder and Jim
Aults additions should handle many simple cases.

Best,

Mark