RR Forums

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 01:50:59 EDT 2006

> I'd agree with a lot of what you say, but I think the solution is to dump
> the wiki and keep the forums. Wikis are not in common, widespread usage and
> although I love the little beasties, a lot of folks are just confused by
> them. Plus, of course, they are apparently a lot easier to spam and deface
> and therefore require more careful monitoring and maintenance.

I too agree with David, but I would go the other way around and dump
the forums. As someone who uses MySQL only rarely, I'm always having
to look up the online docs when I do. I find the user comments at the
bottom of each entry to be extremely valuable and would love to see
something similar for Rev.

If the use-list could appear on the wiki, with the option for people
to make comments, which would then come back to the list, that would
be great. A full set of docs online, also with user comments would be
very useful to everyone.

That said, I have only explored the Galaxy & blog parts of the wiki,
so I don;t know how much of what I have suggested already exists.

Cheers,
Sarah