drag stack window

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Sep 5 13:02:56 EDT 2006

Recently, Rob Cozens wrote:

> we are talking specifically about a user action to drag a
> window across the screen.
>
> So what can go wrong?

In my experience, any script that results in repeat polling of the mouse can
can "miss" a mouse message.  I've seen it before with a fast double click,
even by accident.   If this behavior occurs in a drag region, it can cause
the window to be stuck in a drag state until you click again.

You may not experience this behavior on your system but you asked what can
go wrong.  Using script variations of what Jacque has posted on her site
minimizes this possibility.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director