drag stack window

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 5 11:43:02 EDT 2006

Rob Cozens wrote:

> First: we are talking about polling the mouse state in a mouseMove
> handler, not in general.
>
> Second:  we are talking specifically about a user action to drag a
> window across the screen.
>
> So what can go wrong?

It isn't so much that something can wrong, it's more about the strain on
the CPU. Since you are using a mousemove message to check the button
position, it isn't as bad as when a script does the same thing inside a
repeat loop (which is almost always a no-no.) I think your method is
okay, but there would be less lockup on the CPU with Klaus' method.

For those who haven't seen it yet, there's an explanation here:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/polling.html>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com