RR Forums

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Sep 4 05:47:54 EDT 2006

Sarah,

One angle(s) on forums is:  scale and user usage needs levels.

Scale: I don't know how many of you are members of Expert's Exchange,
(EE) but with 3 Million + members, the idea of getting a mailing digests
from EE with daily posts by all members is clearly insane. A forum is
the only option.

Same with Apple or  Adobe. I once joined  an Apache mailing list and was
so overwhelmed with
posts on the list that I had to ask my question, got  an answer and
unsubscribe asap!
Wished it was a forum....now I don't use that list at all, I ask apache
questions at EE...
for this very reason.

We're not there yet with Rev (scale wise) but maybe soon... so the
framework is in place.

Usage needs: I uses a great tool called "MPEG2 Works 4" for drag and
drop processing of  muxed video and export to QT. But I really don't
what to be on a mailing  list  of  video nerds: my needs and interest
are very narrow. Serbian's forum for MPEG2 Works 4 is perfect, I need
help, ask a question, set "watch this one" get an answer, I'm notified
by email that my question is answered... with a clickable  link back to
the forum, to my thread.

Sivakatirswami