AVI versus MOV in standalones - H.264 encoding

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Tue Oct 24 11:08:49 EDT 2006

Hi

I've had good success with MPEG4 too but it can be a resource hog if you
try to play back too many clips at once. And also found large-framed (>
640px wide) video also suffers playback-wise on older machines.

Seems H.264 encoding is the future (for quicktime)..

http://developer.apple.com/leopard/overview/

.. but not everyone has super spec-ed 64-bit playback capabilities.

regards
alex