Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sat Oct 21 02:20:05 EDT 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 6:44 PM, Bill Marriott wrote:

> So let me get this straight: WER -- A neatly pressed, folded, and
> categorized collection of crash reports from actual users running
> Rev on a
> variety of system configurations, complete with a sampling of mini
> heap
> snapshots and system data, a system that has helped Microsoft and
> hundreds
> of other companies eliminate hard-to-pin-down bugs -- is of
> absolutely no
> interest to Rev? Amazing.

I am baffled by this and have no idea what it means.  I think it is
sarcasm, but I don't understand what it is referring to.  I think
this is a hint that crash information can be obtained through a
method/procedure/standard called WER that sends paper copies of
reports and that RunRev and the rest of us obviously should be aware
of and take advantage of this.

Dar