Open Letter to Rev: Quality Is Job #1

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Oct 20 05:44:35 EDT 2006

It gets sent to Microsoft, but not ONLY to Microsoft.

Windows Error Reporting is a FREE service specifically designed for software
vendors/developers:

"Using the WER service is like having thousands of testers reporting bugs on
your company's applications. You can monitor error trends and download debug
information to help your developers determine the precise causes for
application errors. WER categorizes and prioritizes your data for you, and
includes a response feature to provide solutions to your end-users." --
Microsoft
<<<

http://msdn.microsoft.com/isv/resources/wer/default.aspx

See also

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/03/16/wer.html

and for a laugh,

http://www.updatexp.com/we-share-your-pain.html

I guess if the software vendor doesn't take advantage of WER then you would
be correct.

"Ian Wood" <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote
in message news:CCA3BCB6-0A19-4734-9518-DBB069A44D76 at azurevision.co.uk...