Use of abbreviations in scripts

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Oct 15 17:37:34 EDT 2006

On Oct 15, 2006, at 6:58 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> can I call function calling and message passings, jump?

This is a good question.  I have tried different words and have
settled on "call".  I think I have seen in a HyperTalk manual words
like "use", "send", "call", "generate", "invoke" and "issue".  One
might add to that "execute", "do" and so on.  However, "do", "call"
and "send" are commands, so that can be confusing.  I stumble over
this often.

I'm sure a true card-head would have a better answer.

Dar