Multimedia Software and Required Players

Greg Smith brucegregory at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 12 01:48:39 EDT 2006

One thing that seems to be a rule is that the less expensive the
multimedia software is, the more likely you will need a "player"
application to run the files.  Only the most expensive software seems
to allow building true executables.

Out of all of the QuickTime authoring software I've had the pleasure
to investigate, MovieWorks is the best value, but the QuickTime
movies it generates are not interactive.  The "player" documents that
it generates are interactive, very much so, but they do require both
a player application and QuickTime to work.  And I don't think there
is any way to copy protect these "applications".  I also have no idea
how you would integrate an e-commerce solution from within.

Ezedia produces similar results with similar limitations.  Anybody
have specific experiences with either of these apps?

Greg Smith