Real-time stack updating

Richard Miller wow at together.net
Wed Oct 11 07:33:37 EDT 2006

Here's the scenario.

Stack 1 is a main stack that acts as a startup file. It's an .exe.

Stack 1 opens a separate Stack 2 (a .rev stack). Stack 2 performs all
the main functionality of our program.

Stack 2 checks our server (when it first starts up) to see if there
is a more recent version available for update. If so, it begins the
update process. At the end of the process, this stack shuts itself
down and starts up a sub-stack of Stack 1. Stack 2's properties have
the DestroyStack set to true. I'm not aware how any handler in Stack
2 might still be running after it has issued the "close" function to
itself.

Stack 1's "update file" substack does the following:

1. Deletes Stack 2
2. Downloads a new Stack 2
3. Starts new Stack 2

The problem is that, when this new Stack 2 starts up, it does not
initially show the updated data. However, simply quitting it and
restarting it DOES now show the updated data.

I'm not sure what more I need to do so that the first startup of this
new Stack 2 will show the updated data.

Thanks.
Richard Miller
Imprinter Technologies