Focus, Text and foundChunk

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 08:35:39 EDT 2006

Not being satisfied with selecting individual letters
inside text fields I have started playing around with
FOUNDCHUNK and ended up with something that is "a bit
of a bother":

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/Text
Focus.rev.zip

first click on my button "Select String" and it does
exactly what is required!

click again on the button to generate an error
message!!!!

now this is not going to go down to well with all
those 6 year olds clutching the mouse in their sticky
little paws.

What to do?

Would be grateful for any advice, sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006