Testing for numerics

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Oct 3 16:01:03 EDT 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> As for me, I think that all this has to be handled upstream.
> By allowing to enter only right values in a field, by choosing
> other ways: lists, calendars, graphics, etc.
>
> Just my two cents ;-)
> May be I miss something?

You are right!  And every valid entry should be meaningful.  Thanks
for the reminder.

Sometimes it is hard to balance responding directly to a list
question and to respond with what is really needed.

(And for me, I get distracted by things like 0xface being a number.)

However, there are some cases that are annoying to the user when
handled upstream, such as allowing only words on a vocabulary list.

Dar