Matchtext script results

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 30 22:12:28 EST 2006

Mark Smith wrote:
> Not that it necessarily matters for your application, but your version
> will miss a match if it's preceded or followed by punctuation -- "cat."
> "(dinosaur)" etc.

I cheated by not telling everything. I decided after all this to do a
string search, so punctuation and plurals won't matter. If I find
strings that are embedded in other words, that's okay for what I need.
Instead of "among the words of" I decided to use just "is in".

> By an unnecessary process of elimination, I arrived at just about
> exactly the same simple solution as you did in my last attempt, but
> dealing with punctuation detracts (inevitably, as far as I can see) from
> the speed.

See, what you didn't know was that I am allowed to change the specs. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com