Arcade Engine?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 18:11:40 EST 2006

--- Rick Harrison <harrison at all-auctions.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was trying to find information on Arcade Engine
> 2.x
> for Revolution and all the references on the website
> talk about the Animation Engine are these indeed the
> same animal and is that what I want to order?
>
> Also has anyone on this list ever worked with the
> Arcade Engine, and if so how do you like it?
> Pros and Cons appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rick Harrison

Hi Rick,

Arcade Engine and Animation Engine are one and the
same - the library underwent a name change not too
long ago, so both the old and new names are still in
active use.

As my main interests are databases, reporting and web
services, I don't use Animation Engine - if I ever had
a need to make graphics, images and text bubble all
over my screen, I'd get it in a heartbeat, though.

The documentaton is well-written with interactive
examples, a plethora of functions lets you move objets
along all sorts of paths at various speed and you can
detect collisions and react accordingly.

What would make it even better for people like me
(animation-gumbies) would be a graphical editor, but
that would be a massive undertaking.

Nevertheless, if you read this, Malte, it would really
put the frosting on the cake if I didn't have to think
at all and could just move stuff around ;-)

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>