CGI remark (was : Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3)

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 29 05:41:46 EST 2006

Mark,

I'm not sure to fully grasp the full extension of your remark (as I haven't
used fastCGI yet), but as for separating 2 users' requests, this can be done
easily by issueing a unique ID code to each user, and sending it along
with each cgi request... Maintaining a table of logs with those unique IDs
inside a DB can be usefull as well if you need to force users to re-log
every 15 min or so...

I might be missing something, but I wouldn't call this "a lot of frontend
and backend coding"...

JB