Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 28 21:18:55 EST 2006

Mikey-

> before.  The question is:  is there a better one?  Are people familiar
> enough with database jargon in the workplace to substitute record,
> template, table, file, etc. for card, background, stack?  That's

My guess is no. I generally get blank stares when I first start in to
talk about database concepts. If I start from a spreadsheet some of it
starts to sink in, but that analogy doesn't really apply to a stack. I
think the current paradigm is as close as it gets - everyone's got a
stack of papers in their inbox, some with little post-its on them.
People have been trying to explain the paradigm for twenty years now.
I think Apple still doesn't get it.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net