Flash open source!!!

Todd Geist tg_lists at geistinteractive.com
Tue Nov 28 15:46:17 EST 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 12:46 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> I'm not sure there is anything for Rev developers here.

Well maybe not directly in Rev....

But what about using Flex  Builder to rich UIs and Flash Controls and
running them inside of altBrowser.  Since Flex works really well with
any type of web server, why not one built directly into your Rev
Application.

Flex Builder comes with a whole mess of Controls, like table views,
tree views, charts, schedule views, graphs, splitters.  All with
dynamic resizing.  It is pretty cool!  ( but no where near cheap)

There are a bunch of products out there trying to make Flex Programs
run on the desktop. They call them projectors, seems to me Rev Plus
altBrowser might already be one.

This is all theory for me at this point since I haven't tried it.
But I have used this concept with FileMaker Pro 8.5, which has a
WebBrowser Control now. And it works quite well.

Todd

--

Todd Geist