Flash open source!!!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 28 13:17:51 EST 2006

Lynn-

Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 7:54:24 AM, you wrote:

> My read on this is that the ECMA script engine (aka Javascript) will be
> folded into Spidermonkey, the Javascript engine that is part of the Mozilla
> project. It doesn't have anything really to do with Flash in particular.

True, you'd still need a Flash plugin, but in addition to being rolled
into Spidermonkey, the ActionScript VM itself is now open source.
That's completely aside from being part of any mozilla product. I do
expect to see some interesting things as part of the Spidermonkey
integration, but it opens some other interesting doors as well.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net