The basics of a chat program

Jan Sælid janselid at broadpark.no
Tue Nov 28 03:54:09 EST 2006

Mark wrote,
>I just made a couple of modifications.  I uploaded a new version just
>now.  The program does work once you enter in the other user's ip.  I
>just tested in on my MBPro with the Mac talking to my Win system on
>Parallels.  Worked great!  Let me know if you need any direct help on
>using it.

I get a problem if one of the machines is firewalled. I found another stack
on rev online by Alex Tweedly, actually 2 stacks. 'TCP App 2' & 'TCP App 1'.
The latter one allows the machine to be more like a server. If I run "TCP
App 2" one on the machine with a firewall it connects. With this setup you
only need to have 1 open port on one of the machines.

Jan