MatchWithin

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 13:08:51 EST 2006

On 11/27/06 9:43 AM, "Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

>> Depending on the source, for most HTML pages an extraction function should
>> look for unmatched tags and tags that appear between comment tags (thus not
>> part of the visible page)
>
>> Unmatched tags can be detected by:
>
>> [1] if the start tag is in any of the extracted segments
>> [2] if the end tag is in the 'pRawText' after extraction
>
>> Hope this adds to the thread
>
> Thanks. In my case, the error condition is met by returning an empty
> string, but yes, in a more rigorous case the error checking would
> indeed be useful. And I like the conciseness of your matchChunk
> implementation.

... and I like the way Rev lets you build a variety of solutions.  This, for
me, is food for the mind.

I don't think there is any realistic speed difference between the solutions
unless the HTML text block is very large (like an indexed of 100 links to
'my favorite web sites'), and then the regEx will be the slowest factor.
Both solutions use this, so again, just as quick in Rev.

Thanks for the quiz :-)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas