set the stackFileVersion

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 27 13:12:55 EST 2006

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Klaus,
>>
>> Your solution will still cause a compile error when the stack is
>> opened or the script applied. Instead, do this:
>> do "set the stackFileVersion to" && quote & "2.4" & quote
>
> maybe I'm a bit slow, but why should this cause an error? :-)
> I thought the "if...then" would prevent this script from being executed
> by engines < 2.7.

I had to do the same thing when revising the MC IDE. As Mark said, the
script won't compile if there is an unknown property anywhere in it. But
"do" statements are not compiled when the script is saved, they are only
compiled when they need to be run during script execution. So that's how
we sneak it past the earlier engines -- hide it in a "do" statement
which doesn't get compiled until it is needed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com