MySQL

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 10:36:56 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

This is probably more of a MySQL thing than a Rev thing. I would
recommend reading through the MySQL documentation if you haven't
already, and check out the commands for working with databases and
their tables. If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to use any
MySQL command by running it through the revExecuteSQL command from
your Revolution code. One thing to watch would be user permissions
for your MySQL server, and making sure users have the ability to
create/modify database schemas.

Hopefully this will help you in the right direction. Btw, by no means
do I consider myself a database guru. :-)

Chris

On Nov 27, 2006, at 6:22 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Hello database gurus,
>
> I have created a stack which communicates with a MySQL server on a
> different machine. I can make a connection, select the database and
> tables and enter and retreive data. Now, I want my client
> application to find out which databases are available, which tables
> have been created, and if a database or a table is not available, I
> want the client to have the possibility to create it. I have
> searched the archives for a solution, but can't find any. How do I
> do this?
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> --
>
> Economy-x-Talk
> Consultancy and Software Engineering
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
>
> Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store
> software. Download at http://www.salery.biz

Chris Sheffield
Read Naturally
The Fluency Company