How to master one table field' limits

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun Nov 26 13:01:40 EST 2006

Le 26 nov. 06 à 17:58, Jim Ault a écrit :

> On 11/26/06 8:42 AM, "André.Bisseret" <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to your function, I get the comma delimited list ;
>>   but only if I  <put FilledLines(fld "TheTable") into
>> tFilledLines> ; Actually if I <put FilledLines(the long name of fld
>> "TheTable>, this long name is put into tTable in the function instead
>> of its content !
>> Still a problem with "do" :-)) ?
>> Well, I am keeping the short name and the function works perfectly ;
>> thanks again.
>
> For calrity:
>
> put FilledLines(the long name of fld "dataDisplay") into tFilledLines
> --will pass the *long id* , not the contents
>
> put FilledLines(fld (the long name of fld "dataDisplay")) into
> tFilledLines
> --will pass the *contents* of the field
>
> Jim Ault
> Las Vegas

So now, I have 3 solutions :-))
Using <fld "suchField">
And, using  "the long name of fld "suchField":
Thanks to Éric "put the text of" (in the function)
and thanks to you (fld (the long name of fld "suchField")).
By the way, I am discovering that it is possible to embedded
parenthesis ; nice :-))

Thanks a lot, JIm

Best regards from Grenoble
André