[ANN] Galaxy 1.5 Birthday Special

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Nov 26 04:06:11 EST 2006

>I'm embarrassed to say this, but as the RevNoob,
>1) Why is Galaxy compelling?  I see it's a replacement for the RR IDE,
>but so what?

So What? (Great Miles Davis tune).
Obviously you haven't used it yet. It's amazing and useful. The most
striking thing about it is that one doesn't have to have a dozen
windows open at the same time when working with multiple scripts.
That and about a hundred other reasons. It's an IDE enhancement for
professionals working on big projects. If one is  starting out or is
writing less complex scripts, then one might not need it. But it's
totally changed the way I work, for the better..

The script editor debugger, I must say, is MUCH more stable and easy
to use than the stock IDE. And many of the other features have no
equivalent in the stock IDE.

I recommend it to anyone who works with a lot of Rev code.

>2) Is there a Windoze version?

It, like rev is cross-platform. 100% written Transcript.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o