Me, me, me [Was: Re: Bug???? Discuss please!]

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Sat Nov 25 04:26:17 EST 2006

Hi,

I really can't see how it's not a bug to be honest, I mean, if:

put "Hello" into me

OR

set the text of me to "Hello"

doesn't work 100% of the time, then............

If you write a handler (subroutine) and if it works or not is
dependent on where it's called from then it's really not a good state
of affairs. The point about the documentation was that, if RunRev
can't/won't fix it in a timely manner, then having a note in the docs
is the next best thing. Would have saved me and others a good few
days if it had of been. There are lots of gotcha's like this and
although it would be nice to have them fixed, having some kind of
pointer to where the problem may lie is the next best thing,
especially when the only real form of support is this list and the
person that "knows" about the problem may not read your post or be
too busy to reply.

All the Best on a Wet and Dreary Morning!
Dave