[OT?] HTML email is evil - or, why we get so much spam

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Fri Nov 24 13:42:21 EST 2006

Bernard

most html email creation programs have the feature to create a text
only version that will load if the receiver's email browser cant or
wont render the html mime file. so far with the few email newsletters
i have done for some clients this seems to be working for the few
folks that have had problems with html email. dont know if i have any
that have the rendering just turned off and what happens in that
situation, but i would actually be glad to do a test with you to see
what happens as this is a big challenge as html emails take over the
world (marketing pressure is really hard on this point and a lot of
the public is just totally unaware of the problems and like the
'pretty' emails).

I use the mail app and its button to display when you want to is
great, but understand your reluctance to abandon your current system!

yell if you want to try a test!

cheers,

jeff reynolds

ps Have other folks experienced a really large rise in spam in the
last couple of months? i have had a bit of an faster than normal rise
slipping through the filters and junk bins filling up a lot faster
along with many clients mail systems doing some hiccups which look to
be attributable to spam clogs. just curious. basically has gone from
a nusance with a problem once in a while to a real common problem
that is beginning to worry me. I too like richard are blocking
several thousand a day with a few dozen breaching the walls now, but
its the loss of good emails and some bouncing occurring for varying
reasons that are scaring me the most now. jr

On Nov 24, 2006, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com