[OT?] HTML email is evil - or, why we get so much spam

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Nov 24 07:43:13 EST 2006

Bernard,

Yes, they're called "web beacons" and various other terms, and they're used
by both legitimate and unscrupulous emailers. However, If you have images
set not to display, you will still be able to read Rev's newsletters.
Outlook and Outlook Express have this option, as does Apple's Mail on OS X,
and Thunderbird on both platforms. Might I ask what mail client you're
using? Just turning off images is pretty much sufficient; you don't have to
disable HTML altogether.

"Bernard Devlin"
<revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com> wrote in
message news:27C8B543-0141-47D3-922C-C59250C30F27 at knowledgeworks.plus.com...