iconifyStack sends me to the Milky Way

Mark Powell mark_powell at symantec.com
Thu Nov 23 08:43:03 EST 2006

I want to *close* a minimized stack and go to a second stack at a
controlled location.  Details...

I have a window with various elements, one of which is a button that
performs dragDrop tasks.  I want to give users the option to 'collapse'
this window to show only the dragDrop button (i.e. resulting in a
smaller drag-and-drop well).  I currently accomplish this by an
in-window button that closes the stack and goes to a substack that is a
reduced version of the first.  It works exactly as I want.

I would also like to have the minimize button in the titlebar mimic the
same thing.

However, when I trap the iconifyStack message and exectute the same
instruction set, Windows OS overrides my loc settings and puts the
destination window at a loc of -31775,-31683.  It also does not respect
the closeStack handler for the originating stack, leaving it open in the
taskbar.

Number one, why the inter-galactic coordinates?  Number two, how do I
close the first stack?  Number three, any better way of accomplishing
this?

Mark