Where Rev could be going...3D?

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Wed Nov 22 12:12:27 EST 2006

>And fortunately for us here on this list, Google Earth is the
>type of thing that's easier for us to build.

Google Earth heavily relies on its 3D engine loading all the complex
textures and objects on a sphere. I tried QT 3D capabilities (not virtual
reality moves, but the real 3D graphics like axel plugin, etc...), so far
all they seem broken in MS Windows, meanwhile axel provides own browser
plugin... And any potential 3D programming adventure like creation of Google
Earth remains impossible with Revolution.

Some time ago Bill from iGame3D tried desperately to attract attention of
Revolution community or maybe Revolution Ltd suggesting full fledged 3D
OpenGL engine.
Go to http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=432 to see it...

Here is an excerpt for those who don't read the forum:
While this happens iGame3D sits on the shelf month after month and the
probability of it ever reaching the rev community gets smaller and smaller.
Next term i begin learning Maya, my need/excuse/time for building my own 3D
modelling/animation program will come to a complete end at that point. -
Posted by Bill from iGame3D in April, 2006...

Is anything constructive going on between Revolution Ltd and iGame3D or just
silence?..

Viktoras