HostNameToAddress Replacement

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 01:24:14 EST 2006

Hello,
  I have a friend who's iMac G5 seems to dislike the hostNameToAddress()
function.  She is trying to help me develop a program, but without that
function she can't run my networking system and that makes it extremely
difficult for her to help.  I am looking for a replacement to the
hostNameToAddress() function.  All it has to do is retrieve the IP address
of the machine it is running on.  It doesn't have to be particularly clean
either, it only has to run on her computer, not the computers we are
distributing to.  Does anybody have any ideas?

  TTFN
    Bridger