Where Rev could be going...

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Nov 21 16:59:33 EST 2006

> Since ActionScript, like Transcript/Rev, has a gamut of
> functionality (like creating controls, "cards" (frames),
> "scenes" (stacks), importing images, etc.) it would be
> possible to create a Rev stack that "translated" a narrow
> range of functionality into its Actionscript equivalents, and
> created equivalent controls (buttons, popup menus, etc.)
>
> I don't think it would be worth the trouble... if the
> deliverable is Flash it's best to just create the project in
> Flash. It could be prototyped in Rev, then handed over to a
> Flash expert to recreate the functionality. Some script could
> actually be borrowed and rewritten, saving a lot of Flash dev time.

If someone came up with a Flash project translator I would welcome it into
the RevSelect program.

Flash the product isnt always that great a designer experience for all
purposes of Flash the format. There are lots of translator products out
there (Powerpoint to Flash, for example) and a lot of others like Anime
Studio that take the animator paradigm and create a nice workspace that
particularly serves the needs of animators.

The market for products that export in Flash format is much bigger than the
market for Flash itself.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Worldwide Business Operations