Where Rev could be going...

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Nov 21 13:51:38 EST 2006

Since ActionScript, like Transcript/Rev, has a gamut of functionality
(like creating controls, "cards" (frames), "scenes" (stacks),
importing images, etc.) it would be possible to create a Rev stack
that "translated" a narrow range of functionality into its
Actionscript equivalents, and created equivalent controls (buttons,
popup menus, etc.)

I don't think it would be worth the trouble... if the deliverable is
Flash it's best to just create the project in Flash. It could be
prototyped in Rev, then handed over to a Flash expert to recreate the
functionality. Some script could actually be borrowed and rewritten,
saving a lot of Flash dev time.