sending arrays to objects

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Nov 19 09:18:15 EST 2006

Mark,

that happens the send call will accept only strings, when you put an
array as parameter for that call, it is treated as a string and then
it is empty. I am by no means expert on the subject of programming
language implementations and xTalk Internals  Heraldry but I think
that arrays are special states of variables and since in Rev all
variables can be treated as a string container, then many calls and
commands try to treat its params as string but when arrays are used,
this special state cannot be represented as a string value and thus
it become empty.

I use XML snippets for those sittuations or split/combine using very
strange delimiters that I know no sane man will use.

Andre