backupcopying in substackmodifyable standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Nov 18 00:25:31 EST 2006

Kresten Bjerg wrote:

> There is not produced a copy of the actual standalone, but a file with
> .rev, which evidently is not a standalone.

Are you running this on OS X? This line:

   put the effective filename of this stack into source

will get the file path to the engine inside the OS X bundle, not the
filepath to the bundle itself.

Your script is adding the ".rev" extension, but you are trying to copy
an application which isn't a rev stack. You should leave that off, I think.

The "effective filename" of an OS X standalone stack will be something
like this:

    /folder/MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/myApp

The path you want to use with revCopyFile is like this:

   /folder/MyApp.app

So you need to parse the file path and remove everything after
"/Contents". Then you use:

   revCopyFile "/folder/MyApp.app",destinationFolder

On Windows and Unix systems, I think your original script should work
okay, except I'd still omit the ".rev" extension if you are really
copying an executable.