problems using same player with 100+ audio files?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Nov 17 12:38:47 EST 2006

Scott Rossi wrote:
> Recently, Phil Davis wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had freezes after playing lots of audio files with the same player?
>
> Not sure if you're already doing this but you might try explicitly setting
> the fileName of the player to *empty* before applying a new filepath.  Years
> ago I recall getting around some kind of related issue by following this
> practice.

Hi Scott -

I added this to the code last week - actually I set the filename to empty when
the audio is finished playing. It improved my outcomes noticeably but didn't
take the problem away.

I've been doing this for years when switching filenames of image objects. Don't
know why I waited until now to do it with players.

Thanks.
Phil