Me, me, me [bug ref 3420]

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Thu Nov 16 19:19:50 EST 2006

The thing is that depending on the context "me" is evaluated
differently, so all the different tests etc. don't really count for
much, except that they evaluate ok in *that* context or they don't.
The tests you did are just red herrings since they change the context
of how "me" is evaluated.
<<

I don't think my tests change the context at all.  I was looking at
what the value of "me" was inside the handlers you put forward.  And
I pointed out that there were further strange factors involved here.
Those factors might well help us to find out why this strange
behaviour occurs.

You have shown no interest in investigating this bug.  I was looking
to find out more information so that it could be added to a bug
report in order that this bug might be fixed.  You have not logged
this as bug, not voted for it when it was logged as a bug, not
answered when people have asked if it was bugzilla-ed, and not shown
any  interest in investigating further what is happening, yet you are
the one who brought it up again to bolster your allegations about how
fundamentally buggy Rev is.   I find it ironic that someone claims
that he is not buying updates to Rev and cannot 'sell' Rev to other
people because of alleged bugs, yet that same person can't be
bothered to make use of the bug-squashing system, and can't be
bothered to further investigate bugs that are supposedly causing him
such fundamental problems.

Bernard