rawKeyDown codes

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Nov 16 17:04:39 EST 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 1:32 PM, John Craig wrote:

> Does anyone know if the codes used in rawKeyDown are consistent
> across all platforms?

The code are somewhat consistent, but I don't think rawKeyDown works
exactly the same across all platforms--not sure.

The codes are keysyms (first used on X11, and now Revolution and tkl)
and you might find some descriptions online that addresses platform
interpretations.  The keysyms seem to attempt to address keys and
characters in a useful mix.  Even so, some important keys are missing
and the character encoding predates Unicode.  Perhaps this will be
rectified.

So, I'd look around online for possible gotchas and then test on
primary platforms.

Dar