Find/Replace woes

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 12:22:08 EST 2006

hello list,
I have one field "edtText" that contains text to be found/replaced.
One field for User to enter text to be found along with a button.
One field for User to enter text the replace text along with a button.
All are on the same card.
The logic and syntax look correct to me, but nothing gets replaced in
the edtText field.
It does not generate an error. Anyone have any ideas?

SCRIPT: FIND BUTTON
on mouseUp
   set text of field "edtReplace" to ""
   put text of field "edtFind" into tFindText
   find string tFindText in field "edtText"
end mouseUp

SCRIPT: REPLACE BUTTON
on mouseUp
   get the htmlText of field "edtText"
   replace text of field "edtFind" with text of field "edtReplace" in it
   set the htmlText of field "edtText" to it
end mouseUp

Thanks,
Adrian
Club Type