proxy authentication

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 09:04:47 EST 2006

On 16 Nov 2006, at 13:01, Mark Smith wrote:

> In that case, Henk may need to check out using the curl shell,
> which I believe does support Kerberos.
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> On 16 Nov 2006, at 12:47, Bernard Devlin wrote:
>
>> The copy of the docs that I have says that it only provides basic
>> authentication, and that NTLM or Kerberos will require an external.

curl, eh?  :-)

Henk, if Basic is not listed among the supported schemes, you will
need an external to use in conjunction with libUrlSetAuthToken. There
is an external that provides NTLM support, created by Chipp & Chris
at Altuit. I have a package that includes this external, along with a
sample implementation. Let me know if you need it, and I'll mail it
to you.

The external is for Windows only. If you need NTLM support on another
platform (or kerberos on any platform), you may need to look at curl.

Cheers
Dave