Me, me, me [bug ref 3420]

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Thu Nov 16 07:28:25 EST 2006

Dave

I decided to look in bugzilla myself, and I found that it was indeed
entered as a bug by the ever-gracious Mr. Gaskin on 23.3.06.   Marcus
from Runrev accepted that it "is pathological" and should  probably
be considerd a bug (and it is indeed still open as a bug).  When I
searched back through the archive for March this year, I found there
was already a lengthy discussion of this between you, Mark Smith, and
Richard.  All three of you agreed it seemed to be a bug, and Richard
even told you he put it in bugzilla for you (in fact, he entered 2
bug reports for it).

In bugzilla it is given a severity of minor, which since it only
appears to affect your idiomatic usage of Rev, and since Richard
provided you with a workaround (even though it is one that you do not
like), "minor" is probably a reasonable severity.

What then is the point of you bringing up the matter again and asking
us to discuss if this behaviour is buggy, when you must know full
well that it has already been accepted as a bug?  Not only did you
not have to go to the trouble of entering this bug, according to
bugzilla you haven't even bothered to vote for it yourself!

I fail to understand your conception of yourself as someone who wants
Runrev to do well.   Your words and actions on this list suggest the
opposite to me.

I wish I had the magnanimty of Richard Gaskin.

Bernard