SSL Library

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Nov 14 09:04:24 EST 2006

Of course, my current 2.7.4 will continue working with the current
SSL add-on forever, or at least as long as it works on whatever OS
version I'm using.

My worry was that future updates, which I might well want for bug-
fixes/new features, or just to be able to use whatever is the current
version of my OS, would no longer allow me to use the SSL library.
And, in fact, this is the case.

However, I have now had an indication from the ever-helpful Heather
that if I buy the update now (before Dec 1st), I'll have the library
until the updated licence expires, after which RunRev would be
willing to make a special case for the very small number of Studio
users who need SSL.

On the other hand, this doesn't sound so different from having the
SSL library available as it is now, except that in future, you'll
have to ask nicely!

Still, she has made the offer, so I'm unlikely to find myself high
and dry - that's the main thing. And it does show, once again, an
admirable responsiveness to customer needs on the part of RunRev.

However, if only out of interest, I'm still going to see if I can
make the curl shell do what I need.

Best,

Mark