SSL Library

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 08:46:46 EST 2006

On 11/14/06, Mark Smith <mark at maseurope.net> wrote:

> > SSL will no longer
> > be available in a Studio license. If you need SSL, you will need an
> > Enterprise
> > license. So, my recommendation would be to renew your Studio
> > license plus SSL
> > addon now (yes, its an renewal addon), to get the longest possible
> > time at the
> > lowest price:
>
> I take this as meaning that when your studio licence is renewed, you
> will no longer be able to use the SSL library....ie. future Studio
> licences will not allow the use of the SSL library. :(

I take this as a very kind suggestion from Heather that if you are a Studio
user, and would like to get into SSL, but would never fork over for
Enterprise, then pay for the SSL 'add on' BEFORE 1 Dec. Then your
2.7license and SSL will work 'together' forever. Then NEXT time you
upgrade
Studio (2.8?) the SSL Library will not work with that version onwards - but
should still work with 2.7 and probably earlier. If you wait until after 1
Dec, then your only option will be to purchase Enterprise - which sounds a
lot more expensive!