Spaces in folder names on server

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 13 19:25:35 EST 2006

Dave Cragg wrote:
> Jacque
>
> Is this worth trying.
>
> put the defaultFolder into tSavedDef
> put "/home/folder1/folder 2" into tNewDef
> set the defaultFolder to tNewDef
> if tNewDef = the defaultFolder then
>   ## there is a folder
> else
>  ## there isn't a folder
> end if
> set the defaultFolder to tSavedDef
>
> This kind of mirrors what you have to do on an FTP server to get a
> listing of a folder whose name contains spaces. I was wondering if the
> file system on your server behaves in a similar fashion, and will let
> you set the defaultFolder to a name with a space, but not work with
> "there is".

Well, I didn't try it because I just discovered something else. Probably
what's wrong is that I don't understand the file system on the server.
I'm working with a setup very much like the one you described on your
sever. In other words, there's a path like this:

</httpd/vhosts/domain.com/cgi-bin/test.cgi>

If I query any folder within the domain name, it exists (regardless of
spaces). But the one I need is outside the domain, like this:

</folder1/other folder/>

where "folder1" is at the same level as the "httpd" folder in the first
example above. Even this folder exists unless it has spaces, though.

At least, I think that's what's going on. I've tried so many things now
I'm getting confused.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com