Spaces in folder names on server

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 18:31:35 EST 2006

On 13 Nov 2006, at 22:05, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Ken Ray wrote:
>> On 11/13/06 2:12 PM, "Jim Ault" <JimAultWins at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Get a directory for
>>> "/home/folder1/" "/home/folder1/ Test Folder/"
>>> and see if there is another character in the name, or if you have
>>> permissions set OK.
>
> I copied the name via my ftp client and there are no extra spaces.
> Permissions should be okay, since if I remove the space then it
> works and the cgi reports the folder does exist.
>
>> Another possibility is to use "+" instead of the space - I've seen
>> that on
>> some servers...
>
> Tried that. No go.
>
> I've just been testing on my own server with a test setup and got
> the same results, so it isn't just the original server.
>
> John Craig, how did you get it to work with Suse? Could you post a
> script?

I just tried on my RHE3 server and it works OK. Both with a full path
to the folder or a relative path. The lines in the script are like this:

put there is a folder "/var/www/vhosts/example.com/cgi-bin/space
folder/other folder" & cr after tBuf

and

put there is a folder "space folder/other folder" & cr after tBuf

Both return true.

But of little help, I fear.

Dave