Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Nov 13 11:49:15 EST 2006

Kay,

cut this into pieces...

If you can paste from any app into teachtext, you know your OS is working.
If you can't paste via menu shortcuts, the menus are at fault
If you can't paste via menus, either the menus are not scripted OK (I've
seen it happen) or indeed the clipboard is at fault...

One very simple way to see this:
make a palette stack, with a backscript that has the following:

on resume
  put the clipboard into fld "clips" of stack "clipboardwatcher"
  put the clibpoarddata["text"] into fld "text" of stack "clipboardwatcher"
  pass resume
end resume

as soon as you "resume" rev, your palette will show the clipboard content.

The same process can be made for the menu shortcut, and the
cutkey/copykey/pastekey messages...

Make a frontscript:

on controlkeydown k (or commandkeydown)
  put k into fld x of stack "mypalette"
  pass controlkeydown
end controlkeydown

on pastekey
  put "pasting detected" into fld x of stack "keyboardwatcher"
  pass pastekey
end pastekey

etc...

That should help you I think... There's sure a "clipboard" window app
somewhere like on MacOS 1.0 that shows you the OS's clipboard content too...
(there was a great Desk Accessory named "Alchemist" too which did what im
saying above plus lots more.

I was working on that but apparently, I can't change the
clipboarddata["html"] as advertised.

We're all in the same boat! ;)

cheers
Xavier