Systemlanguage

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 11:28:32 EST 2006

Dave Cragg - I stand corrected:

British English

?????????

However, when I initially installed Mac OS 10.1 on
this machine & subsequently upgraded all the way to
10.4 the installed language was US English - I
understood that the other 2 (although who thinks that
US English and British English are separate languages
escapes me - dialects surely) were added later.

I also find the use of double quotes a bit odd, as if
there is some sort of difference between "en-GB" and
simple bg. I wonder if a 'pure' US system install
returns "en-US" or just en. And, is this all part of
that hairy-chested nonsense that has been going on on
both sides of the Atlantic since the "American
Colonies" did the sensible thing?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Its time to do Philosophy and stop worrying about what dead men said."
                                                                                           Mathewson 2006