Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 10:08:24 EST 2006

OK folks, sorry for disappearing for a while but I had to pop out and earn
some money to feed the family:-)

I do have to say though that I'm a little disappointed, especially when I
see comments like:

I wish I could pin down when it fails,

when I believe I have created a recipe that does just that - although
granted if you're on Win and I've only done a Mac recipe I can understand.

Also, comments like:

Can you paste via the menu?, and

then you can switch to another program (other than BBedit or
> TeachText) and see if you can paste it there. If you cannot, then perhaps
> there's a problem with Automator. If you can paste it there, and it never
> shows in Rev, you have an engine bug.

I thought I made it very clear at the beginning with:

but if you select any other application that
> handles text and select 'Paste' or the keyboard shortcut, the contents
> of your file will be pasted. Going back to Rev and using either the
> keyboard or the menu will NOT paste anything into field "Text".

[or a blank script, or the msg box]

But just to clarify, other than BBEdit and TextEdit, I can paste the
clipboard using the menu or the keyboard shortcut, into: NeoOffice -
Wordprocessing, Spreadsheet cell & text box in a Drawing; Stickies; the
search field in Google using Safari or FireFox; Mail; the search field in
Preview and Acrobat; the Spotlight field in Finder; AppleScript's Script
Editor; Terminal; the text entry field of the Dictionary Dashboard Widget;
the typing test field of the Keyboard tab of the Keyboard and Mouse
Preference Pane. I could test others....

All I wanted was someone, just one other person, to repeat what I've done,
to either confirm what I'm experiencing (a bug) or determine that they don't
experience it (then it's my set-up). If it is confirmed then I believe it
will help solve the sporadic copy/paste anomalies that have been expressed
here, and rather than talk about hacks and work-arounds, we can hopefully
get Rev to copy/paste like it should.

So someone, please, with sugar on top:-)