audio file handling

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Sun Nov 12 15:30:21 EST 2006

Phil, my AudioWaveform component will read the WAV and AIF headers,
and I don't think it would be a huge stretch to re-write the headers,
but if you need to perform sample rate conversions (and it sounds
like you do), it won't be much help.

I have no knowledge of what a decent sample-rate conversion algorithm
might consist of, but I'm pretty sure that it would be non-trivial,
and probably not the sort of thing that Transcript is well suited
for. Maybe it can be done using Quicktime?

Best,

Mark